Hi there.
I recently turned 28.
How does it feel? I don't know. Not much difference from 27, I guess. Okay, maybe I feel extra close to 30 and that scares me because what have I done with my life so far?
No husband, no kids. No stable job.
But on the bright side, I've travelled quite a lot too.
Let's see...
I've been to Singapore, Hongkong, 6 major cities in the US (NYC, Chicago, Orlando, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Branson), Brussels, Paris (many times), Lourdes, Biarritz, St. Jean de Luz, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Berlin, Madrid, San Sebastian, Bilbao and Barcelona...
So, life isn't so bad, is it?
Just recently, I got an offer to work as a nurse in the US... apparently they're hiring again. But I'm not sure if I should do it. Reason numero uno is that I've just applied for a french passport and that could take one or two years. If I go to the states, then all the effort I had done would go to waste. And I don't want that. So I guess I'll wait it out and see. And when I do get the passport thing, and they're still hiring, then maybe I'll go and try working as a nurse. We will see.
The boyfie said I should go and try. So that I will stop wondering if I will like it or not. But he adviced me to wait for the application first. Because sayang ang efforts besh.
I've also made a survey online and asked friends to fill them out regarding their work as a nurse. I'm still waiting for helpful answers. But in a way, I think I've made my decision.
I'm 28 years old and I know that I should not worry so much about life. But sometimes, I am worried about the fact that I'm not even worried about what other people consider as "important". My grandma told me to try and slim down because fat women have difficulties in getting pregnant. And I actually said I didn't want kids. That freaked her out a bit.
Why would I want to tie myself down to these responsibilities when I can live an independent, stress-free life? And honestly, the world is too messed up that I would not know how to raise my child in it. I'm kind of a control freak and having a baby means I cannot control the situation. So maybe it's not a good idea to have one. It will only get worse as they grow older so I would rather spend my life just travelling and seeing the whole world. Than changing diapers and worrying about what time my teenager will come home from a night out.
I'm happy and contented that I can do the dishes when I want. And fold my clothes when I have the energy to do so. Maybe I'll just be the cool aunt who brings wine to family dinners. And that's not a bad thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Remember how I said I was unemployed in my previous post? Yeah, well, I did a few things to change that. I started applying for online job...
-
You asked me once what I was afraid of. No, you said I seemed to be always afraid of something and you didn't know what it was. I was s...
-
In response to my previous post, he didn't show up. I think I jinxed it. Anyway, he didn't show up on the agreed time. And as I am...
No comments:
Post a Comment