They say that true friendship is not about being inseparable; it is being separated and nothing changes.
As much as I would like to agree on this one, I don't.
A few nights ago, I had dinner with some of my friends from high school. High school for me was ages ago (6-7 years, maybe?) but I still keep in touch with some of them. We were five and we decided to grab dinner together to catch up since some of us just arrived from abroad.
In the course of our conversation, I realized that there was one of us who forgot to bring her table manners with her. Or maybe that was just me. But no, I don't think so. The rest of us were completely fine. This other friend, sober and sane and one of the smartest in our batch, started talking (and prolly acting) as if she was from a lower class. Tactless. Vulgar. Cheap. Rude. This was how I would describe the words that came out of that thing called her 'mouth'.
Aside from us five girls, one brought with her her boyfriend who was meeting us for the first time. Now, I don't want to sound pretentious or hypocritical but was it wrong for me to try to give him a good impression of us? My secret mental plan was apparently ruined by Miss Tactless and I could not have been ashamed of her in behalf of all of us. She basically ruined the dinner with her badmouth and I swear I'm not inviting her the next time around.
I have to say that her behavior has been a shock to me because I expected her to be a more refined, mature, and the very least, courteous person. Judging from that night, she became the opposite. She has molded herself around her working environment and she has filled her heart with spite that everything she says is bound to hurt your tiny ball of feelings. I've always known her to be frank but this time, her tongue is sharper than your grandfather's bolo used to combat the aswangs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Remember how I said I was unemployed in my previous post? Yeah, well, I did a few things to change that. I started applying for online job...
-
You asked me once what I was afraid of. No, you said I seemed to be always afraid of something and you didn't know what it was. I was s...
-
In response to my previous post, he didn't show up. I think I jinxed it. Anyway, he didn't show up on the agreed time. And as I am...
No comments:
Post a Comment