Saturday, August 22, 2015

To Keeping Things Platonic

I don't know who is at fault here. I don't want this to be a battle of gender roles because society has apparently screwed that up (what with all your feminist ideas and shizz). Also because I'm new to this, I am not very acquainted with the rules and in identifying signs and doing all the courtesies and saying the right things at the right time like how they do in films.

But for crying out loud, where do we draw the line in keeping things platonic and moving on to a more intimate relationship?

You idiots created this pathetic concept of the "friend zone" and now, we, the losers (the potential friend-zone-ees) have nowhere left to go.

How do we ask if the person wants us to just stay friends? (without sounding needy and pathetic, of course)

How do we leave the friend zone and put ourselves out there?

How do we present ourselves as viable boy/girlfriend material? (whatever the eff that means?)

Really, now.

Here's to you, and whoever you are "hanging out with". Because I guess people don't go on "dates" anymore.

They just "hang out". And stop calling/texting each other.

In the end, it was all platonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment